IF A CRIME OCCURS
- Immediately report the crime to the police (911)
- Do not subject yourself or your staff to physical harm at the crime scene.
- Never argue or debate with an assailant.
- Never block an assailant's escape.
- Never fight back forcibly, unless required in a life-threatening situation. It is, however, often recommended that you avoid allowing an assailant to take you to a secondary location.
- Attempt to gain an accurate description of the assailants.
AFTER THE CRIME
- Do not disturb anything at the crime scene.
- Keep everyone confined to the building until the police indicate it is safe to leave.
- Notify the building Property Manager (615) 340-0527.
- Do not reveal details of the crime to the media. This may impede the police investigation or encourage copycat crimes.
- Do not report details regarding any expensive stolen items to the media. This may alert other criminals to the value of your holdings and what will soon be replaced.